Just installed 1Password 4 and won't launch

Options
cvee
cvee
Community Member

Hi,
I have already got 1Password version 3 installed, and i've just copied the new 1Password 4 file into Applications folder.
When i run it, NOTHING happens. No window opens. This is on a macmini.

I'm still able to launch version 3, so i'm very glad i did NOT uninstall it first.

-
When i look at console i see this message :-
16/10/13 12:00:16.310 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[185]: ([0x0-0x51051].com.agilebits.onepassword4[3188]) Job failed to exec(3) for weird reason: 13
16/10/13 12:00:16.311 PM Dock[198]: no information back from LS about running process

I have successfully installed 1Password 4 on my MPB, so it seems there's some sort of conflict here.
How do i identify the problem?

Please note, i tried downloading and running the debug tool.. and i get the same error.

All other apps run fine.

HELP!!

Comments

• @cvee I really have no idea what the issue would be there, but have you tried simply deleting 1Password 4 and downloading a fresh copy?

• cvee
    cvee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, yes i have tried downloading again.
    The same installer works fine on my mbp.
    This is crazy weird, and there isn't more information than what i see above in console, so can't even determine what this conflict is with.
    Is it another app conflict or a system conflict.

• cvee
    cvee
    Community Member
    Options

SOLVED!!! After further research found that the error for weird reason 13 related to permissions.
    When i looked at directory between 1Password and 1Password4 i couldn't see any immediate differences, though under 1Password4 there was an @ symbol at the end of some of the files permissions. Then found a note sayiing use Archive Utility to extract the file. My default archive utility is ALZip.
    When i unzipped using Archive Utility, the @ symbols in the permissions info for some files in 1Password 4 contents were gone.... and the app launched successfully.

Weird issue i've never seen before.. but it is PERMISSIONS related..
    Hope this info helps others with this issue.

• nancy1
    nancy1
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to launch Password4, having already uninstalled Safari Extension 3, I get taken to the vault, and they ask where else I have information - but it's only on my computers! And both times I get the same message. The new Password 4 doesn't recognise all the date that the Password 3 installed - even though it is saving the fake login, etc. What do I do?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cvee,

I'm so glad to hear you got things sorted out - I'd also like to apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

@nancy1,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties here. I think the easiest way to get this sorted out is to take a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.