Multiple Vaults & iOS 4.3

Options
oshloel
oshloel
Community Member

This question seems to have been lost in the shuffle and crush, so I apologize for posting it again but in it's own thread....

Re: the known issue regarding the potential for the iOS app to go astray when syncing multiple vaults via Dropbox, and Mike's suggestion in the beta forum to lock the .ws file as a workaround:

I stopped syncing in 1pw4 on my Mac, completely reset my iOS app, & trashed both the .ws file and 1password folder in Dropbox. I then re-enabled Dropbox syncing in 1pw4 Mac and finally pulled it all down into the iOS app. No problems with any of that.

Two things I did note; 1) the dropbox sync file is significantly smaller, which I attribute to the deletion of 1pw3's icons, etc; and 2) there is no longer a .ws file. It doesn't appear to have been re-created. The Terminal cat command cannot find it and I no longer see it when I view my dropbox account in a browser. I have sync'ed items both directions via dropbox without the .ws file apparently being created.

Has the .ws file now been depreciated in 1pw4 (other than the Windows version) and thus is no longer used by 1pw4 Mac or iOS 4.3?

All this is to ask if I can safely sync a 2nd vault between 2 macs via a different folder within my dropbox account without confusing the iOS 4.3 version or I still need to wait for another iOS update to avoid the problems mentioned in the Known Issues.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.