Newbie IOS7 apps question

Options
slobar
slobar
Community Member

Hi, suspect this has been asked before, but I can't find anything. Anyway I have 1pass 4 on a mac and 4.3 on an iPhone 5c which has syncd ok and the passwords work using the 1pass browser (but not in safari, is that normal?) but my main question is how do I get 1pass working with IOS apps such as eBay, LinkedIn, Amazon etc... it doesn't ask me if I want not save, and I can't see a way of adding it manually.

Thanks

Comments

• Rapidisimo
    Rapidisimo
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think it works that way. You're suppose to use the built in browser to use the data stored automatically. Otherwise you need to copy your passwords and paste them into the app you want to use.
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword/ios The video on that page shows that.

• slobar
    slobar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rapid, i appreciate you need to use 1PW browser to use the data, but my question was how do you use 1PW with IOS apps such as those listed above - having looked here - blog.agilebits.com/1password-apps/ i'm wondering whether these are the only ones that do work?

• @slobar There's no way for 1Password (or any third party app) to truly integrate with Safari or any other apps in iOS. The developers of the apps listed on that page have added 1Password integration (kinda) to their app. Now it can't actually auto-fill like in 1Browser - most of those apps will have a 1Password button with their login form that when tapped will open the relevant login in 1Password and allow you to quickly copy it, then go back to the app and paste it in.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Copy and paste when working with the other apps. Those on the blog page are the only ones that have some type of integration. Exactly what I don't know as I use none of them personally.

Oops take that back I use Tweetbot but mine was setup way previous to the integration so I have never tried it.

This discussion has been closed.