1password version 4.0.3

Make hundred duplicates when I import LastPass csv database

Every next item have duplicate one more time to previous

Comments

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

This matches up well with what I am seeing. If others are not seeing it, try adding a very lengthy secure note to your LastPass vault and then try again!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

See post #3 in this thread. In essence, AgileBits' knows about it and is working on it.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yup, this issue has been acknowledged by @roustem in the topic @Stephen_C referred to:

• Import from LastPass creates large number of duplicate items.
  • Dane Bendixen
    Dane Bendixen
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

Sorry, reposting to the correct thread.

What's the status of fixing "Import from LastPass creates large number of duplicate items"?

I just bought version 4 in the Mac app store and my last pass import created over 50,000 duplicates. Now I have to start over and will be wary to try another LastPass import.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Dane. Hope you don't mind that I've deleted your duplicate post in the other topic and will follow up with you here instead.

The 4.0.4 beta has a fix for the "runaway duplicates" bug with LastPass importing:

• Fixed problem where import from LastPass would create a exponentially large number of items face palm.

We expect the next non-beta version will be released soon and, if possible, you might prefer waiting for that.

• meghanclare
    meghanclare
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, so I should have read something before I tried to import from LastPass but I didn't. I'd tried the previous version of 1P but decided to stay with LP until it started acting funky with Mavericks. If I can find the previous keychain file in Dropbox I can try to use the file, but what happens to all of these dupes? Are they securely deleted if I delete them all?

Or, how would you suggest I proceed? I have about 20,000 dupes.

THanks!

• meghanclare
    meghanclare
    Community Member
    Options

Or, rather, 40k. Doesn't matter. I did find the old keychain file in Dropbox (thanks, Packrat) but when I tried to select that from the Sync window I'm getting a message that the dropbox file with be merged with all the dupes, rather than replacing them. I cannot seem to move the dupes to the trash. (And I'm not sure that's advised anyway.)

Thanks for your help.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @meghanclare. I'm really sorry that you were also bitten by the "runaway duplicates" bug with LastPass CSV importing.

Which version(s) of 1Password on which system(s)/device(s) do you currently have configured to use Dropbox syncing and which (if any) have data that's tainted with duplicates?

One possibility might be to restore 1Password data from your most recent 1P4 backup without duplicates under 1Password menu > Preferences… > Backups, re-sync that with Dropbox, then have your other system(s)/device(s) use that de-duped data from Dropbox (if necessary). Or you could start by recovering your untainted data from the Dropbox keychain backup instead of a 1P4 backup.

Please let me know if that sounds like viable recovery strategy for you and I'd be happy to assist with specific steps. Thanks!

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

Just crashed 1Password 4 (4.0.7.BETA-3) trying to import a LastPass login CSV into a newly-created keychain.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @benfdc. Thanks for reporting this. It's reproducible with 4.0.7 and we've got a bug filed about it.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Much improved in 4.0.9. Logins came in with no duplication.

However, a LastPass login CSV file contains secure notes of various sorts in addition to logins. LastPass has Secure Notes templates that correspond to a number of 1Password data types, including wireless routers, memberships, and the like.

There were twelve secure notes in the LastPass vault from which I exported a login CSV file. All of them were imported as 1Password logins with the website url sn.

I think you can do better. Even if you don't care to map each LastPass secure note template to a corresponding 1Password data type, you could at least convert them all to Secure Notes rather than logins.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @benfdc,

Thanks for keeping us on our toes! I'll be sure to let our developers know that there is still room for improvement in the import feature. :)

However, I'd love for you to try something for me: choose CSV > Secure Note where the first field is the title. 1Password should be able to import the notes just fine then.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@Megan—

I'm not sure that I am following you, but I gave it my best shot.

In Chrome and Safari, LastPass has two export options: CSV and Form Fill Profiles. The LastPass Firefox extension has more export options (including export to Firefox's password manager, a feature that I would love to see in 1Password), but likewise no export option for secure notes.

1Password's LastPass CSV import function has the same two options as the export functions in LastPass: Logins and Form Fill. 1Password's CSV import function has several options: Login | Credit Card | Software License | Secure Note.

The 40-item LastPass CSV file that imports into 1Password via LastPass CSV as forty logins (twelve of which have the URL http://sn) will not import anything at all if I tell 1Password to treat the import file as CSV > Secure Note.

In addition to export options, LastPass has two Print options: Sites and Secure Notes. But a Secure Notes printout is not a CSV file, so I am not sure how I would go about trying to import such a printout into 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.