Sync failure

Options
agmuser
agmuser
Community Member

Environment: iphone 5, ios 7.0.2, 1password 3.6.5; dropbox 2.3.2

I use 1password across a couple of Mac Desktops, as well as iPhone & iPad. I recently noticed that syncing no longer took place with the iphone & ipad - most likely since upgrading to ios 7. The error in 1password's Dropbox sync is
Failed to begin Dropbox sync: Unknown error: (error= "This app uses a version of Dropbox integration that is no longer supported. Please update your app or contact its developers.";) ...

• I unlinked dropbox, then linked it again. This didn't resolve it.
  • I purchased 1password 4 for the iphone. It stated an error in the migration. Without looking too much further, though, I downloaded 1password4 for the mac, when I learned that 1password4 for the mac requires 10.8 which I have on none of my machines and don't intend to upgrade anytime soon.

Is there a way to get 1password to sync across the different devices / macs. If so, please advise on how to proceed. If at all possible, I like to stay away from wifi sync.

Comments

• agmuser
    agmuser
    Community Member
    Options

HELP NEEDED - a moderator, please provide input. For clarification above, it's my understanding that I will continue to use 1password 3, assuming it's not possible to use 1password 3 on some platforms and ipassword 4 on others.

• mygeekdaddy
    mygeekdaddy
    Community Member
    Options

There are a couple of other threads related to this same issue. I fixed my issues by doing a complete reset of my syncing setup. I posted the steps on my blog here - How to fix 1Password Dropbox syncing.

• agmuser
    agmuser
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that link. Turns out I didn't have to go through the pain of following all these steps. What resolved the issue for me was:

• on the iphone, within 1password 3, I deleted the database. Then I launched 1password 4 and had it connect to dropbox to sync. This worked. I then deleted the 1password3 app.
    • on the ipad, I did not find an option to delete the database. So I simply launched 1password4. It now worked. I then deleted the 1password3 app.
    • on the desktop, I did not need to do anything. I have 1password 3 running there (I can't upgrade as 1password4 does not support older versions of Mac OS X) and it appears to be compatible with 1password4.
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @agmuser,

First of all, I do apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and really appreciate your patience.

I'm glad to hear that you got things all sorted out! The error you were seeing is actually the result of a change that Dropbox made to their API in September which made it impossible for 1Password 3 to sync via Dropbox. I'm sorry for the inconvenience it caused you.

And @mygeekdaddy, thanks so much for posting your steps :)

This discussion has been closed.