Open iPhone apps to login...

Options
Timfxf
Timfxf
Community Member

Pardon the clumsy title, but is there a way to have 1PW open an app with the password and username rather than opening a browser page? I'd rather open 1PW, go to the login for, say "MyBank"* app, and have 1PW open the app that I have for "MyBank" with the saved user and pw filled in.

*Substitute MyBank with Wells Fargo, Chase, B ob A, etc..

Comments

• Timfxf
    Timfxf
    Community Member
    Options

Well... I guess not.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Timfxf,

I do apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy response times and really appreciate your patience.

I am sorry to say that due to the sandboxing of apps on iOS, Apple does not provide developers with a way to directly interface with other apps in this way, unless the app has included support for 1Password explicitly. Currently to log into other apps such as the Facebook native app, you would need to copy and paste from the 1Password app. 1Password makes this easy as you can simply tap on the username or password to copy it. 1Password will then clear out the clipboard within a given time period to ensure that your important information does not stay in the clipboard after you no longer have a need for it.

• Timfxf
    Timfxf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I understand the sandboxing and, all-in-all, I think that a safer way to go. It was just a thought.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Timfxf,

It's certainly not a bad thought! Check out our blog post here on Apps that Love 1Password to read about apps that have added 1Password integration to make logging in a breeze. :)

This discussion has been closed.