1Password for Families

Options
TheMacMommy
TheMacMommy
Community Member

Are there any other families out there using 1Password to share logins and other information between family members to keep everyone in sync? I'm not sure where exactly to post this, but I wanted to have a discussion on best practices for sharing data between family members.

We have small children, but one of them is seven and starting to learn about passwords. As our family grows and the kids get older I find myself not just managing my own stuff and all that I tinker with, but my husband's stuff and now the kids' stuff! I swear, if I didn't do it, they wouldn't. Most people I know are as bad about managing their login creds as they are their dirty laundry! I mean, the hamper is 3 feet away, people! Socks go INside of the hamper, not next to it. Come on! Same goes for passwords or important information. They don't belong on post it notes NEXT to your iPhone or Mac — you know, that thing that has 1P installed on it? Seriously? Why even write them on paper in the first place? Gah!

Sorry. I had to vent.

Anyone else experiencing this? How do you deal with it? Do you share some 1P data between yourselves, like for example, the Netflix login credentials so that each device can have it logged in, just only 2 at a time. Or say, the bank login information for Mom & Dad, but not for junior - yet? Do you use vaults for this purpose? Do you each have separate databases and then just export the individual pieces as they change or need to get added? I was thinking that would just be too much and it's easier to just sync it.

I'm interested in your thoughts on this. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.