Strategies for cross platform OSX/iOS/Win?

Options
jeff3f
jeff3f
Community Member

The mac client looks like it can only do sync with one method at a time (would be nice if this weren't true). iOS supports dropbox and iCloud, which is fine, but the real flexibility for getting stuff into windows would require (for me and likely for others) a non dropbox folder sync option (e.g. for box or for other cloud schemes).

are there any others here trying to do the cross platform thing? how are you all managing this? thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeff3f,

At this point, we are recommending you use only one sync solution at a time, both for Mac and iOS. When we originally designed the iOS app, we had hoped to be able to offer multiple sync solutions at a time, but it has proved problematic, so you're best off choosing the one option that best fits your needs.

If you do need cross-platform sync, right now your best option is Dropbox. As our developers work on updating the Windows app, we are looking into other sync solutions as well, but currently Dropbox is the way to go. :)

• jeff3f
    jeff3f
    Community Member
    Options

thanks, this has been working well for me. everything straightened out once I stopped trying to do both dropbox and iCloud.

• Hi @jeff3f,

On behalf of @Megan, you're welcome!

That's one of the reasons we're moving away from offering multiple sync services at the same time. They worked differently and they sync on their own, so it's difficult to get them under our control. The iOS app will be updated over time to be restricted to one sync as well.

This discussion has been closed.