Feature request: allow additional password fields in any login item

Options
Berklee
Berklee
Community Member

Hello,

I love the ability to add additional fields in login items, but sometimes I need to store more than one password for a single account (or other sensitive info). I can add fields, but they're always plaintext, never **** like the password fields. Is that possible to add in the future, thanks!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This is a known issue.

When adding custom fields, only text type is currently supported. This means you cannot choose a password type to make the field concealable like the main password fields at this time.

It will come.

Stephen

• Berklee
    Berklee
    Community Member
    Options

Oh thanks, that's great news! :D

Please disregard this thread, thanks!

• Hi @Berklee,

This is one of the most requested features, we'll get it done as soon as possible.

On behalf of Stephen_C, you're welcome!

• Acidham
    Acidham
    Community Member
    Options

Adding new Password fields should be a standard feature of 1Password. I am still not able to add additional password fields which is possible on IOS version. What are your plans to get that done?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Acidham,

Thanks for adding your vote to this feature! As you may have noticed, we've all been a bit busy here since the launch of 1Password 4, but the whole team (developers included) have been putting in extra hours to get us all caught up. Now that we've sorted out some of the bugs that surprised us at launch, we're able to start turning our attention to adding new features. As @MikeT says, this is one of our most requested features, and we'll do our best to get it done just as soon as we can.

We really appreciate your patience here :)

This discussion has been closed.