uninstall 1password4 from my mac

Options
eamontoman
eamontoman
Community Member

Can anyone tell me how to sucessfuly uninstall 1password4 from my iMac. For some reason the programme started to reject my password, so I am trying to uninstall, reinstall and start again. I have done so on my iPhone, wiped the iCloud file without problems and set up a new version, but each time I uninstall and reinstall on the iMac and Air I get the older locked file.
I would appreciate any help, as Support have not been very helpful apart from telling me how busy they are trying to keep up with "all the excitement".
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The knowledge base is very helpful. A quick search showed how to start over with 1P4.

Stephen

• eamontoman
    eamontoman
    Community Member
    Options

The above advise didn't work. I only have the application in Finder and not the other files referred to in the Knowledge Base. Can anyone else help.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @eamontoman. I've found your email and will be following up with you there to help resolve this problem. I'm sorry we haven't gotten back with you sooner.

• pickledil
    pickledil
    Community Member
    Options

hi @sjk I'm having the same problem with uninstalling. I emailed support a few days ago, would appreciate some help as well!
    thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @pickledil. I've followed up with you in email about the problem you're having and we should have it resolved soon.

• eamontoman
    eamontoman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk
    Success ! I have managed to uninstall and reinstall a clean copy of the app on each of my devices. All now working well. Thank you for your help.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're most welcome, @eamontoman. I also followed up with you in email; thanks for your followup here. And since @pickledil's issue was also resolved I think we have enough closure in this topic for me to close it now. :)

This discussion has been closed.