Where's 4.0.3? Dropbox sync troubles.

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Dropbox Sync Not Working.

Comments

• JasonH
    JasonH
    Community Member
    Options

How can I get a copy of the 4.0.3 code, as I have already purchase 1password direct from AgileBits and NOT via the AppStore. It seems that in order to get the copy from the app store, I would have to pay Apple again. I can't see a way to get this direct. Please help as my passwords are not syncing at all via dropbox, i..e the Mac client is not syncing via dropbox at all.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@JasonH

The bug fix referenced above is only in re to the App Store version. The latest release on the site should not have those issue as it was directly related to the App Store sandboxing.

Can I recommend you start a new topic and give us as much info as possible, about you setup, and we (being myself and other users and or the staff) can try to better help you get things sorted. I just don't want to get your posting buried in this thread.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @JasonH. I've recreated this as a new topic (like @thightower suggested) to help you get this sorted out.

Could you mention which versions of 1Password and OS X you're using on the Mac that's having trouble? Also, which system(s)/device(s) are configured to use Dropbox syncing? You said:

the Mac client is not syncing via dropbox at all.

Are you making changes somewhere else that aren't appearing on your Mac?

Right now 4.0.2 is the latest version of 1P4 for Mac available/purchasable from our website and 4.0.3 is the latest MAS version available/purchasable from Apple. If you've already purchased 4.0.2 there's no reason to also purchase 4.0.3.

Thanks in advance for any additional information about your current 1Password setup.

• wescayande
    wescayande
    Community Member
    Options

I'm one of the users with V4 issues - very disappointing after so many years of clean product releases. I've got 4.0.5 (web site version, not AppStore version) working on my Macbook Pro, but cannot get it to work on a 2008 Mac Pro. I am confused by the layout of the discussion forums. Some threads (e.g., http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16408/dropbox-sync-not-working) seem to get closed without resolution. Is there a safe way to roll back to V3 or a stable version of 1Password? V4 seems to need a little more time in the oven.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry you're having issues with 1P4 on your Mac Pro, @wescayande. If it's okay with you let's first try getting those resolved so it's working properly like on your MacBook Pro instead of reverting to 1P3.

It would be easiest to continue helping you through email, where we can get more information about your current 1Password setup and any problems you're having. Please start that process by sending us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac Pro; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but please do include a link to this topic and forum username in your email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.