Security Improvement - Feature Improvement

Options
benoitne
benoitne
Community Member

**Security Improvement

Regarding attached file feature
I noticed that when I do a quick look (space bar) on the file (let's say a picture attached on a Passport) it creates a file on my mac.
Is there any way to use this temp file inside the 1 Password and not externally ? In fact doing that way is not so secure.

At least doing that like this it would require to erase the file (which it is supposed to) as soon as the quick look is close.
I realized that the file is just erased when I close and restart 1 Password...this would be much more secure to erase the file as soon as it has been look in, or at least when closing 1password but not when 1password is launched.

**Feature Improvement
1 Password Mini is a very very good idea and it would be great to enhance the capabilities.
In fact, now it is useful for Login to web site but it doesn't support anything else (Identity, Passport, Credit Card...)
At least it would be more than great to be able to copy the information like in the main program, but clicking on some information is doing nothing just existing the Mini menu!

Many thanks

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hi, @benoitne.

There's been some recent internal discussion about how to handle attachments more securely. I'll see if there's more information to share about that here later.

You should be able to click, or tap the Return (Enter) key, to copy most fields in 1P mini/extension item detail windows, with at least this exception:

Can't Interact with certain URL from Mini

Thanks for the feedback!

• benoitne
    benoitne
    Community Member
    Options

Great that you discussed internally about this! Don't hesitate if you have more information to share
    with us.

Regarding the Mini Extension you are right I didn't take care that it actually copy the value and that I need to past it, I was expecting the value copy/past directly (perhaps an improvement for the future?)

Thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @benoitne.

To clarify what you're suggesting, would you like to select a text field on a web page then copy/paste a field value directly into it when the field is selected in a 1P mini/extension item details window?

• benoitne
    benoitne
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk,

Thanks for your reply.
    I just noticed that your dev had changed the way attachments files are manager : now the "com.agilebits.Attachments" temporary directory is destroy when locking 1Password which is at least what I was expected for (the best would destroy just after open it).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @benoitne.

Thanks for noticing that change. :)

There's more to come, e.g. if you open 1Password 4 for Mac Release Notes and select Show Betas you can find this improvement for 4.1.BETA-2:

• Unencrypted attachment cache is now cleared when 1Password app is closed.
This discussion has been closed.