Website version and iCloud-sync

Options
Piebas
Piebas
Community Member

For me it's not clear if it is possible to use iCloud-sync whit this version when i'am using Mavericks?
Or is this option only available in the App Store version.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud sync is available only in the Mac App Store version.

Stephen

• Piebas
    Piebas
    Community Member
    Options

how can i get an Mac app Store version?
    I just buy the update to version 4.
    Why is it only in the App Store version?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

iCloud sync is only in the App Store version because that's how Apple want it at present. Nothing that Agilebits can do about it.

If you've just bought version 4 (or upgraded to it from version 3) via the Agilebits web site, you can, I think, get a refund from them, and buy the other version from the App Store. Though your refund might be a bit slow, as they have so much email to deal with at present.

• Hi @Piebas,

Are you only using Apple's platforms? iCloud sync can only work on Macs and iOS, there is no support for other platforms. If you're using the other platforms, you'll need to stick with Dropbox.

For now, the website version can do iCloud sync unofficially but we would have to remove it if Apple require us to.

We recommend sticking with the version you purchased if you're happy with it and don't need the iCloud sync. If you'd like to change to the Mac App Store, please email us at support+forum@agilebits.com and we'll see what we can do for you.

• Piebas
    Piebas
    Community Member
    Options

i'm only using mac's in combination whit 1password

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @Piebas.

There's a bit of information about the differences here:

Purchase from Mac App Store or AgileBits' Store?

Are you already using an older version of 1Password and wanting to upgrade or will this be a new purchase for you?

This discussion has been closed.