Safari plugin doesn't fill in user name and password

Options
kevmc
kevmc
Community Member

I have upgraded to the new iPassword for Mac. I have the most updated Safari Version. I am on mavericks. I installed the newest safari extension. When I go to a website that has a saved user id and password, I click on the extension and it does not fill in the user name and password. the cursor ends up in the user id field but doesn't do any thing. I even tried recreating a new user id and password and then saving the password when the save dialog box for 1password comes up and it does not work. Any suggesting or is this another known problem. I guess upgrading app software, operating systems and browsers all at the same time was a very bad idea

Comments

• kevmc
    kevmc
    Community Member
    Options

I also installed the plug in for Chrome and that seems to work fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with Safari extension without any change to the situation. 1Password used to work so solid, this is really frustrating

• juanitosp
    juanitosp
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem with the Safari plugin on a 13" MacBook Pro with retina display, running Mavericks and 1Password 4. I did a similar install on a 2008 MacPro and the Safari plugin works just fine.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, guys. I'm sorry you've been having trouble using 1P4 with Safari on Mavericks.

One possible reason is that you were previously running the 1Password 3 extension for Safari. If that's the case please try what @MikeT suggested in another post:

Can you do the instructions mentioned in this article. After you do that, reinstall 1Password 4 extension with this link and see if it'll work.

If that doesn't help please check this KB article for other possible reasons:

1Password fails to fill data

And if you're still stuck after that please send us a Diagnostics Report that provides helpful information about the current 1Password configuration on your system. Instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but please do include a link to this topic in your email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. After analyzing that report we'll be able to better assist you. Thank you!

• kevmc
    kevmc
    Community Member
    Options

I tried all those steps and it still doesn't work. I sent a diagnostic report so that hopefully you can solve the problem. This is really frustrating

• ThatChris
    ThatChris
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having the same issue with Safari. Sent in a diagnostic report a couple of weeks ago.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys,

@kevmc: I haven't been able to locate your report yet. Did you send it from a different email address than you're registered with on the forum?

@ThatChris: I've found your report and you'll be receiving email followup. Have you already tried all the steps like @kevmc mentioned?

• ThatChris
    ThatChris
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk: Yup, I've tried all the steps mentioned in that link. Many, many times. :-)

• kevmc
    kevmc
    Community Member
    Options

I "Think" my safari fill in is now working but its hard for me to tell since I also have the Mac keychain saving passwords as well. I noticed when I went into the App shop, my 1password app was still showing as "waiting" to update. I managed to restart the update and that might have been the cause of the problems I was experienced. not sure yet and will keep testing.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followups, guys.

@ThatChris: I've responded to your email and will continue helping you there.

@kevmc: Glad to hear you're possibly having success with 1P4 form filling in Safari now. Hopefully you;r additional testing confirms it, without Safari's AutoFill interfering.

Especially on Mavericks, I've noticed App Store having different issues with updates including getting stuck "waiting".

• dgrenier
    dgrenier
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. I just updated to Mavericks and I'm using the latest 1Password 4. The login details are filled in (using CMD-) for FireFox and Chrome, but rarely works with Safari. I've tried suggestions in this article but haven't had any luck. I've just sent the diagnostic report.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @dgrenier.

• Steffen_G
    Steffen_G
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there,
    I just turned off the fill-in-animation and it works fine (and not after I turned on the animation again).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, @Steffen_G.

Thank you for mentioning that disabling Animate form filling is an effective workaround for your problem. Which versions of 1P4 and OS X are you running? It could be interfering more with 1P4 Autofill in Safari on Mavericks than previous versions where, if anything, it only tends to interfere with Autosubmit.

• kraonn
    kraonn
    Community Member
    Options

Can confirm that I am experiencing this with the plugin on Safari on Mavericks after a clean reinstall (HDD crash) and can confirm that disabling the animation has resolved the problem.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @kraonn. That's helpful to know.

I'll see about getting the suggestion to disable Animate form filling added to the list on the 1Password fails to fill data page.

This discussion has been closed.