Bookmarks

Options
mark_at_work
mark_at_work
Community Member

Let's do a poll for:
Would you like to have your browser bookmarks securely managed by 1Password v.4 ?

(tired of google looking into my stuff!)
Reply below.

Love from one_of_your_betas
~m

Comments

• iwonder3
    iwonder3
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

Idea your way. I'd like to use 1P to keep track of:

• "Link" - Any URL. Possibly shorten by default
    • "Wish list" - A subcategory of Link. I'd like to keep my friend's Amazon's wish lists under a specific category
    • "Secret Link" - same as link but allow 1 more password to actually open
  • electricarts
    electricarts
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

That's exactly what i've been looking for! I used Xmarks but they doesn't fix the problem with Safari. And it seems, that AllBookmarks last version (4.0.1) is not under active development anymore.

It should be not so difficult to integrate simple bookmarks management into 1P and the browser extensions. It's already there (Logins). Just remove the Login data … ;-)

Mario

• Hi @iwonder,

I'm not sure what you mean by Links. Are you referring to categories in 1Password 4?

"Link" - Any URL. Possibly shorten by default

There's going to be a free update soon to 1Password 4, that'll include custom field types. One of them is URL type, so you can add a custom URL field to any of your items.

We probably won't do shortener. You can sign up for an account at any popular URL service and shorten it there first before saving it in 1Password 4.

"Wish list" - A subcategory of Link. I'd like to keep my friend's Amazon's wish lists under a specific category

I'm not sure I understand what the use here is. There's a note field where you can add the list there.

"Secret Link" - same as link but allow 1 more password to actually open

Can you explain more about this? It sounds like you could create a secondary vault in 1Password 4, and store the items in there. It'd require a separate password to unlock the vault. Wouldn't this work better?

• iwonder3
    iwonder3
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, lets me try :)

First of, when i say "Link", i mean "URL"

Today when i "Apple-N" to get "New Item". Items include things like "Login", "Credit card" etc. I'd like to see 1 more type of Item called "URLs" which would allow a convenient ways to store URLS.

URLs may be different and some of them may be subcategorized as well. Examples include "Amazon wish list URL". In this case, it's not just "any url out there in the web", but a certain type of recognizable URL.

Shortening link is nothing but shortening URL. Something along the lines of what tiny url service does.

└── url
         ├── amazon_wish_list_url
         ├── regular_url
         │   ├── description
         │   ├── tags
         │   └── url
         └── secure_url

A word about secure urls. In this context when attempting to open this URL, i'd like to be prompted for another password, or pin code of some kind.

• MikeT
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi guys,

Like a Bookmarks category, where you could just dump URLs in there, and 1Password mini could show you a list of Bookmarks where it just opens the site if you select one of them?

Is that what you'd like to see?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iwonder3,

I've merged your request with an existing discussion, since I think we're all talking about the same thing. We've passed this feature request for a Bookmarks category along to our developers.

URLs may be different and some of them may be subcategorized as well.

While I can't guarantee anything fancy like your subcategories idea, I can suggest that if we do create a Bookmarks category, using tags could be a great way to differentiate between the various types of URLs that you might want to save. :)

A word about secure urls. In this context when attempting to open this URL, i'd like to be prompted for another password, or pin code of some kind.

I'd like to think that your Master Password would be sufficient to protect these URLs?

• iwonder3
    iwonder3
    Community Member
    Options

So, is "Bookmarks" category coming in the next release?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iwonder3,

I apologize for the confusion here. This is still very much a feature "request". We're glad to see that there is interest in this, but ultimately it will be up to our tech gurus to decide whether or not bookmarks make it into a future update. Keep in mind that we do not want the Categories section to be flooded with a million and one different options for items to include. :)

That being said, we love listening to our customers. When there is support for an idea it is always considered.

• electricarts
    electricarts
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@MikeT That's what i want to have! (#6) Just a list (with the possibility to have folders to do some kind of sorting) with the URLs. And when i choose an entry in 1Password Mini (or in the browser extensions) it just only opens the page. Without filling any forms.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @atomicbunny,

Consider your vote for this feature added. :)

• angpan32
    angpan32
    Community Member
    Options

I’d love it if 1P supported syncing bookmarks and history for multiple browsers at once,
    without giving them to anybody.

Firefox sync is nice, but it only works with Firefox, and I typically use several browsers.
    I don’t like using iCloud/Google to sync bookmarks on different machines, since Apple/Google would know all my browsing history.
    Also, I would like to manage all my bookmarks from one interface, not one for every browser.

So, ideally, there would be another category in 1P, separate from logins,
    in which one could save websites (without login info), adding notes and tags/folders,
    and specifying the browser to which the given item should be added as a bookmark.
    The most important thing is that, when 1P is unlocked, the items in this category
    should not just be kept in the 1P-encrypted keychain, but should instead sync with the browsers bookmarks. This way, when (later on) 1P is locked, one still has access to all bookmarks without having to unlock 1P

Ideally, one could also sync browsing history from all browsers.
    Knowing that it wasn’t been spied upon would actually make we want to save it for later use;
    it would be great if one could then run an advanced search on it.
    Perhaps this category should be kept in the 1P-encrypted keychain.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @angpan32,

I've merged your request for bookmarks in 1Password with an already existing discussion. You're not the only one who likes this idea, and I'll be sure to add your vote to the feature request :)

This discussion has been closed.