1Password won't launch - 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini

Options
tex70
tex70
Community Member

I just bought a new Macbook Pro, with Mavericks (osx 10.9) on it. I did NOT migrate anything from my old mac, so the new mac was totally clean. I downloaded 1Password v4.0.5 from AgileBits site. It installed itself to my downloads folder -- i never saw a zip i had to open, nor drag the app to my Applications folder.

When i run 1Password, the beach-ball spins for about 10 seconds, then throws two SEPARATE error boxes that say almost the same thing:

the 1st box says:
1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini.
Please quit 1Password and start it again.

the 2nd box says:
1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini.
Please restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits support.

I found other users in this forum having similar problems. One thread suggested i use AgileBits' diagnostic tool - http://cdn.agilebits.com/dist/1P/mac/util/1Password4Troubleshooting.zip - so i did that, and the html report says, among other things:

• 1Password 4 (Website) is not set to keep 1P Mini running
  • 1Password Version: File Not Found(File Not Found) via at /Applications/1Password 4.app

These seem weird. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Comments

• tex70
    tex70
    Community Member
    Options

I found more posts here in the forum about this issue, and saw it was suggested to reboot the mac. I had done that before, but i did it again, and now the problem is resolved!

• Hi @tex70,

If your browser is set to open the files for you upon the download completion, it may have unzip the file for you automatically. We didn't install anything to the Download folder, it's done by your browser automatically.

Can you drag the 1Password 4.app file in your Downloads folder to your /Applications folder, and then open it, does 1Password work better?

If not, try rebooting your Mac, and see if that helps.

• DominikHoffmann
    DominikHoffmann
    Community Member
    Options

This worked for me.

This discussion has been closed.