Knox Category for 1P

Options
Michael Tennes
Michael Tennes
Community Member

It would be great to have a Category for Knox passwords. Integration to fill those passwords in Knox would be greater still.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I would also want that. Or perhaps even better, a general "Encryption" category. If Agilebits worry about clutter, then I suggest deleting the categories Membership, Social Security Number, Reward Program and Outdoor License. They did, in my opinion, a good job cleaning up the categories with 1Password 4 so why not finish the job?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hold on here LOL

I actually use Membership, Social Security and Rewards. I don't want my info scattered all over the place. I think further customization is in the cards but we have to wait till some of the bugs are fixed. Could be longer the team doesn't give time frame I am making an extrapolation based upon remarks made in the forums. Of course they are trying to roll out various other platforms. So it may indeed be a while before we see it. :(

Michael, I use the Database section to store my Knox vault passwords. I like it better than a secure note. I also use the Database section to keep records of my various 1Password shared vault passwords. ex. The young adults of mine whom may forget a Master password etc.till they are more use to using 1Password.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower

Thanks, I converted all my Knox items (and other encryption items) to database items. Not sure why I have not done that earlier? The nice password strenght indicator doesn't seem to appear in the database category though.

@Michael Tennes

Back to your question about actual Knox integration: I too wanted such a feature when using version 3. However now with 1Password mini I don't think such a feature is necessary when there is a more general solution. I can get to my Knox items super fast with the shortcut to open mini, search for the item, and copy the password. Knox items have no URLs so I don't need to arrow down to get to the password.

• Meek
    Options

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the great feedback here! As @thightower and @Xe997 mentioned, storing your Knox passwords in a database item and using 1Password Mini is a great way to do this for now. I totally understand how awesome it would be to have 1Password integrate with other apps, such as Knox - we would love for it to be able to do this as well. Perhaps some day :)

This discussion has been closed.