NewsBlur won’t expand comments with 1Password in Safari

Options
nriley
nriley
Community Member

With the NewsBlur site (newsblur.com) clicking on the "+" to expand public comments doesn't do anything with the 1Password extension in Safari enabled. With 1Password disabled, it works fine.

Here's a screenshot of the “+” in question:

Comments

• Hi @nriley,

That's weird, 1Password shouldn't be interacting with buttons like that. Can you tell me how I can collapse the comments?

I signed up for the free account and found one of the popular topics with two public comments and all I see is this:

How did you get yours to collapse?

• nriley
    nriley
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

You can't collapse the comments once you’ve expanded them, and apparently I have configured a preference that isn't the default.

Click on the gear icon in the bottom left, then choose Preferences, click the Stories tab, scroll to the bottom and click “Only show comments from friends”. I think that should give you the “+” icon.

…never mind, I can't reproduce this at all any more. It had been happening for weeks prior. If I manage to make it break again, I'll post on this thread again.

• Hi @nriley,

Not the first time it happens, a few people wrote in to us and after that, the problem magically disappears. The bugs doesn't want to deal with us.

You're welcome. :) Hopefully, it doesn't happen again.

• nriley
    nriley
    Community Member
    Options

I finally figured out how to reproduce this without 1Password enabled at all. Feel free to close it, it's got nothing to do with 1P.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nriley,

Thanks for letting us know that you've gotten it all sorted out! If we can be of any assistance in the future, you know where to find us :)

This discussion has been closed.