Lost my icons

Options
wshane
wshane
Community Member

Hey, this is probably a dumb question. I've been using 1Password 4 for awhile now, but I recently realized that version 3 was still on my computer. So I had CleanMyMac uninstall it. Now 1Password 4 runs fine, but it has lost all of the icons and previews for the various logins. I guess they were in a shared folder and CleanMyMac was a little too aggressive when it uninstalled. How can I tell 1P4 to re-download those images? Thanks in advance for any help!

Shane

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I hope this isn't an insulting question, but do you have the option to use rich icons checked in preferences? My experience with custom icons has been that I needed to recreate those, but that began for me during beta testing. I don't really know whether you should expect custom icons to be preserved in the upgrade.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @wshane,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! As @hawkmoth mentioned, rather than using the 1Password 3 custom icons, 1Password 4 has a great new image server that provides rich, high resolution icons for the most popular websites and software licenses. If you do have items that aren't included in our image server, you can always add your own custom images by editing the item and dragging the image to the placeholder.

Let us know if that works for you, or if you have any other questions!

• face
    face
    Community Member
    Options

How 1P detect the icons to download ? From the name assigned to items, from the website inserted within the item or what else ?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @face,

The icons are downloaded based on the website address saved with the Login. :)

This discussion has been closed.