Install from Scratch???

Options
CharPatton
CharPatton
Community Member

Hi:

Sorry for such a likely dumb post, but to make a long story short I would like to reinstall 1PW from scratch.

The website says " go to File > New 1Password Data Folder ... from the menubar in 1Password" but I don't see this option (1Password version 4.0.3, OS 10.8.5).

I deleted the old 1Password databases. I quit Safari. When I restart 1Password it keeps asking for my PW with no option to start over.

Help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @CharPatton, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with starting fresh in 1Password 4.

Give the following a try:

• Quit both 1Password and 1Password Mini by opening 1Password pressing Command-Control-Q.
    • Open the Finder.
    • Select the Go menu, then Go to Folder.
    • Copy & paste one of the next lines in into the prompt, depending if you downloaded 1Password 4 from our webstore or from the Mac App Store, including the tilde symbol.

If you are using the webstore version of 1Password: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4

If you are using the Mac App Store version of 1Password: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library

• Click the Go button.
    • Rename the Data folder to Data-backup
    • Launch 1Password

You should now be presented with the option to create a brand new data file! If you still see a prompt for your master password, look for the little triangle above it and click that - there you should get the option to create a new data file. Let us know if that works for you. :)

• CharPatton
    CharPatton
    Community Member
    Options

Worked like a charm. Thank you!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of @Meek you're most welcome, @CharPatton. Thanks for letting us know that worked for you!

This discussion has been closed.