Editing Login Fields

Options
oliverwarshaw
oliverwarshaw
Community Member

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the Username & Password labels in the Login category? The reason I am asking is that banks, in particular, seem to be changing their security measures and logins to access online accounts which often makes the Username and Password labels redundant. As an example, my bank has just changed its login procedure and now asks for the account holder's Personal ID followed by their Security Number. Only then does the bank request the password details.

It would be nice to be able to customise the login labels to the requirements for any particular online bank - or for that matter any on-line sign-in page that no longer conforms to the straightforward username and password requests.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi oliverwarshaw,

Thanks for the request! Currently it is not possible to edit the labels for the main username and password fields, however you can definitely add your own custom sections and fields, as explained in the page below:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Tutorials/add-custom-fields.html

Now, if you are finding that 1Password isn't filling in your information because these field names are not matching what are on the website, you can try changing the Saved Form Details fields as shown here:

While this won't actually change the visible labels for the username and password, it will change the fields that 1Password looks for when trying to fill in your details.

I've noted down your request to be able to change the default username and password labels - thanks for the feedback.

I hope that helps!

• oliverwarshaw
    oliverwarshaw
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response, much appreciated. I will adjust the data as you have suggested. It would be good to have the ability to change field names in a future version of 1Password.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @oliverwarshaw,

You're most welcome. Let us know how it goes! :)

This discussion has been closed.