Attachments Not Opening

Options
adk0001
adk0001
Community Member

Unlike a lot of people on the forum, I have had success moving between my mac and my iPhone via the 1Password ap on the iPhone. But where I am getting stuck is that other than on the computer I created an "identify" or on my iPhone, I simply do not see the attachments I put on an identity or in a SecureNote on any other device (I have tried this using 1Password Anywhere as well as a separate memory stick file that copied my original file on my computer; won't even see an attachment - true on a PC or on another Mac - am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @adk0001,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with viewing attachments in 1Password. So, just to check, are you able to view your attachments on your Mac?

Before we try anything, make a backup of your data on the Mac, by opening 1Password and clicking File > Backup > Backup Now.

Now, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• adk0001
    adk0001
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Meek - I have no trouble opening the attachments on the computer where I made the file; I have no trouble opening the attachments on my iPhone. I have no trouble opening the attachments on the computer I made the file but opening 1Password from my backup keychainusb stick. I have no trouble opening 1password on my Lenovo PC or my wife's iMAC using the memory stick or via my dropbox where I have the original stored. What I cannot do (from either the dropbox version or the memory stick) is access or see the attachments on my Lenovo PC nor my wife's PC - they simply do not show up. Happy to run the utility but that is the context. Thanks for your help.

• MikeT
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi @adk0001,

Am I correct in assuming you're referring to 1PasswordAnywhere, the HTML/JS version of 1Password that you open via 1Password.html in your browser?

If yes, then 1PasswordAnywhere does not handle attachments, it's not designed to be able to handle decrypting binary files. You need the full version of 1Password to be able to do this for now.

Just to be clear, can you open the main 1Password for PC on your Lenovo PC to read the data file from your USB disk?

• adk0001
    adk0001
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I have not downloaded the main 1Password for PC on my Lenovo or my other Mac - so that could be the problem - let me try that and see if it will work. Thanks, Andrew

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @adk0001. Please let us know how that works out. Sounds like you're on top of the problem now. :)

This discussion has been closed.