Rich Icons Not Working (Fixed; will be available in 4.0.7 soon)

Mike Oxlonger
Mike Oxlonger
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Hello All,

Today I installed 1password for the first time. I have entered/configured multiple logins to various web sites and it works like like a charm. The only problem that I am having is that Rich icons are not working at all. I'm running the latest version; first time install. The option to use Rick icons is checked under preferences. Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I'm sorry for the trouble Mike.

I was able to reproduce this issue just now. It was working but it appears something changed. I'll look into this and try to get it back to normal.

• hemiro
    hemiro
    Community Member

Hello,

Just to inform that I have exactly the same problem. I upgraded from 1Password 3 and now in 1Password 4 the option 'show rich icons' doesn't do anything. I only see generic icons.
    I use 1Password under Mac OS X Maverick and folder syncing.

Hope you find a solution. Thank you!

• Mike Oxlonger
    Mike Oxlonger
    Community Member

Hi dteare,

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your help. I should have mentioned in my original post that I'm running Mac OS X Maverick. Please let me know if your require any additional information.

Thanks in advance!

• Korigan
    Korigan
    Community Member

Hi dteare,

I have the same issue here.
    I'm a new 1Password 4 user so I never used 1Password 3 before. I'm running Mac OS X Maverick as well.
    Synchronisation with dropbox is enabled.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks,

• mschmitz
    mschmitz
    Community Member

Hi,

I've the same issue here on Max OS X Maverick with iCloud Sync enabled.
    Please let me know if you need any log files e.g.

Thanks.

• Hi guys,

Thanks so much for your feedback! I can confirm that our image server is currently experiencing some trouble and as such currently no new rich icons will be downloaded. We hope to have it back up and running soon - stay tuned!

• Mike Oxlonger
    Mike Oxlonger
    Community Member

Thanks for the response! I guess the ball is in your court. :)

• You're most welcome Mike. In the meantime, if there's anything else we can help with, just let us know.

• Mike Oxlonger
    Mike Oxlonger
    Community Member

Please let me know when the server issue is resolved. Thanks! :)

• We found the issue.

We use CloudFront to serve the images and had been using SSL Pinning to further verify the Amazon servers. It appears Amazon made some changes to the SSL certificates which caused the download to fail.

Unfortunately the change requires an update to our code so we will need to wait for the next release to include the fix.

I'm sorry for the trouble but am happy we know the cause :)

• Mike Oxlonger
    Mike Oxlonger
    Community Member

Hi dteare,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm glad the problem was found. From what I can tell, this issue is cosmetic only and 1password has been working as designed as it relates to password security. Great Job! Keep up the good work.

• Thanks Mike! Yes absolutely this is only "cosmetic", but darn, those Rich Icons sure look good and I miss them. I had cleared my cache so I could test this and really want the pretty icons back :)

• mwells123
    mwells123
    Community Member

I just bought 1Password today hoping to see what all the hype was about, and was crushed to see the rich icons don't work on 1Password4. please fix soon.

• Will do @mwells123! We found the issue and fixed the issue locally. We just need to wait for a new release.

If anyone wants to get the fix faster, feel free to join our beta family and enable betas in the 1Password > Preferences > Updates window. We'll likely have a new beta tomorrow that will include this fix.

• cborgia
    cborgia
    Community Member

@dteare long time 1p user here (always looked forward to your thanksgiving/xmas agile emails). I have the beta, and have been experiencing this issue for a few days. I just checked for an update no update found, bug still exists. Version 4.0.5 (405002)

• Thanks @cborgia, it's awesome to hear from you. You're right, 4.0.5 is currently the latest release. We'll have a new beta sometime tomorrow that includes this fix.

And thanks for the reminder about Thanksgiving! With Thanksgiving coming up so soon I really need to get a gift ready! :)

• svenjahi
    svenjahi
    Community Member

Same issues in Germany. Is the new beta the new release, or how long do we need to wait for the new release? I just bought 1password 4 yesterday and I cant wait to use it with all the icons.

• Xervek
    Xervek
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

Just for my own clarification and because it was not mentioned before (and not in the iOS section), the iOS-App is also affected by this issue and needs a new update, right?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ah well I found another thread in the iOS section only a few hours old mentioned that there are the rich icons are also missing...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

@svenjahi,

No more waiting. :)
    Here's what's mentioned for the 4.0.7.BETA-1 release that's now available:

• Fixed problem where Rich Icons would not download.

@Xervek,

Presumably you mean this topic: No Rich Icons on iPad?
    It sounds like a 1P4 iOS update will also be required to address the issue due to the Amazon changes @dteare's mentioned post #11. We'll let folks know for sure after confirmation.

• svenjahi
    svenjahi
    Community Member

thanks a lot, but the latest release on your page: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/mac/release_notes is published 2013-04-24. Where can I find the update?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

@svenjahi, assuming you're using the AgileBits' store version, have you tried Preferences > Updates and checking Include beta builds? (Be aware that you will then be using a beta version, of course!)

Stephen

• svenjahi
    svenjahi
    Community Member

thank you so much @Stephen_C ! it worked ! :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Glad to have helped, @svenjahi.

Stephen

• Boltzmann
    Boltzmann
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

My 1P4 doesn't display any icon at all. I tried switching off/on the "rich icons" toggle in Preferences (which the first time deleted my stored icons). I know they should be retreived from a server (actually, I can see many output connections to "54.230.62.132:443" done when I display the entries on Safari's plugin), but shows none. And I have very common entries there like twitter o google.

What could be wrong?

Thank you.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

@Boltzmann

AgileBits has said the issue is due to a SSL change on the server side made by the host. Its been fixed in the latest beta, however an update will need to be pushed out to address this.

• Boltzmann
    Boltzmann
    Community Member

Thank you, @thightower.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hey guys,

In addition to what @Stephen_C helpfully mentioned there's also the Download beta link under 1Password 4
    for Mac on the Download AgileBits Software page. And selecting Help > Release Notes in 4.0.5 and later will open the 1Password 4 for Mac Release Notes page in a web browser. Finally, the Release notes link on the former page will be updated, probably referring to the latter.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

You welcome, and nice of you to say thanks.

• viebsy
    viebsy
    Community Member

Hi,

Somehow all my icons have got disappeared and now I can't figure out a way to get them back?

Screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/z2qnynlq1/

I have already enabled the Rich Icons option and still some of the most common icons aren't visible.

Thanks!

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

@viebsy

The staff have said it was related to a server host change of a SSL certificate. Furthermore a update would need to be pushed to address the issue. It is currently fixed in the beta channel. So really all thats needed is for it to be deemed stable and have it submitted to the Mac App Store and or released thru the web store. The store would obviously depend on which version of the app you use.

Some bugs are also being addressed in the beta. Its possible it may take a few day's or longer for it to go stable.

This discussion has been closed.