Geekery Question about 1P4

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi Guys,

So, it's been bugging me that I'm not exactly sure how the 1P mini loads upon boot. I know I should just be happy that it does, but even though it's been seven years since I made the switch from Windows, I'm still OCD about having to know how things load in anticipation of when they break :-)

It's a minor disfunction, so throw a guy a bone. :-)

I'm assuming theres either a Launch daemon with it somewhere or somehow the container is polled upon boot...

I've tried searching for the 1p mini app and just can't find what's launching it...I give up...so spill it ;-P

pax,
rwr

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rwross,

I certainly can't resist a question from someone who is awesome enough to have a TARDIS for their avatar.

1Password uses the SMLoginItemSetEnabled function to launch 1Password Mini on start-up. Since I just learned about this function today (not being among the code gurus on this team) I can't say much more than that. But a colleague shared this blog post that you might find interesting: http://blog.timschroeder.net/2013/04/21/SMLoginItemSetEnabled-Demystified/

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Wow...I didn't even know that existed...so we are in the same boat..er TARDIS with respect to not knowing that function.

Oh...and a TARDIS avatar is nuthin...you should see our hours...it's ridiculous....Must be a dozen of those Chameleon Circuit Challenged boxes spinning about along with a Play-Set on my desk. Our College Senior visited with his girlfriend last night, who he infected with WhoLove™ when they started dating...and she brought her mom...and now SHE's infected...oh yes...there will be legions yelling at the screen with clenched fists..."Moffettttt!!"

Anyway....sorry to digress, but you know us Whovians...thanks for the intel, Megan!!

pax,
    rwr

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @rwross,

Nothing like a bit of Whovian geekery to brighten my day! Glad I could help :)

This discussion has been closed.