Need to restore from backup file - how?

Options
kfetty
kfetty
Community Member

Hi,
I have 1PW 4 on my Mac running 10.8.5 as well as 1PW4 on iPad and iPhone. I have used WIFI sync to keep all the devices the same. Today I opened up 1PW4 on my Mac and the file was empty. I was able to locate recent (a few days old) backups on TimeMachine. I also have a SuperDuper backup and a CrashPlan backup.

Ideally I would like to simply restore from the Time Machine 1PW backup. When I go to Preferences, select that backup and Restore nothing happens? Is this because this feature does not yet exist? I would doubt that is the case, yet I cannot find anything in Forums that explains why this is or how to do it.

Can someone suggest a way for me to get my Mac back up and running with a backup? I hadn't done a WIFI sync on the iOS devices in a while so that data is not as up to date as the Time Machine backup.

Thanks,
Karen

Comments

• kfetty
    kfetty
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to 4.0.5 and my data was restored. I sure wasted a lot of time investigating this issue when a simple update cured the problem. I read the known problems in FAQ in Forums before posting and saw nothing about missing data and updating to latest version. Fingers crossed but not thrilled.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Karen ( @kfetty ),

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with 1Password lately! I'm so happy that 4.0.5 restored your data, although I wish you didn't have to go through such a process first.

1Password does regular backups to a local folder which you should be able to use via File > Restore. Could you explain a bit more about your process of attempting to restore via a Time Machine backup?

This discussion has been closed.