1P fills in an email address that is not on my profile

Options
hansderycke
hansderycke
Community Member

I haven't seen this mentioned in the first two pages of topics.

I'm on Mavericks, and I'm up-to-date on all software. When I'm on a website (in Safari) where I need to put in my personal information, 1P pops up a little window to offer to fill in all fields from my profile. This works well, except for the email address. There is one email address on my 1P profile, but 1P fills in another one, which is not on my profile. It's a valid address, and it's probably somewhere on my computer, but it's not the one on my profile.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @hansderycke.

Could it be that Safari is filling that email address instead of, or overriding, 1Password filling? You might want to look for that address in your Contacts card and also see if the Using info from my Contacts card option is enabled in Safari's AutoFill Preferences:

That's the most obvious place I can think of where the address is if not in your 1P data. Let me know if that helps -- thanks!

• hansderycke
    hansderycke
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip.

Interestingly, the address that is filled in is an @me.com address, which isn't on my contacts card. It does have an @mac.com address, it's the fourth one there, but it was the only one marked as "home." I've changed it to "other," and marked my preferred address (the first one in the list) as "home." I'll see if that improves things.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @hansderycke.

I hope it works better for you now. The Enable private me card feature described in Contacts: Share contact cards only works with sharing your card and not filling from it.

This discussion has been closed.