How to access my data.

Options
seymourH
seymourH
Community Member

Hello everybody, i'm new on this forum but have been using 1password iphone for a while.

I'm writing this to ask a simple question i couldn't find answers anywhere :

How to get my data ? I mean no printing, no csv export, no text export, no export at all ? (don't tell me it's not secure enough)

If i loose my iphone, i have to buy an another one to have access to all the informations i'm storing on iphone ?

How do i do a real back-up (icloud is cool, but it's online like dropbox and not as secure as locked in my safe) ?

I don't want to back up, i want to export ! (don't tell me to buy a desktop version of 1password, this is not what i'm asking).

Thanks for your answer.

"tenderness & chocolate"

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You ask how you do a "real backup"? What's wrong with iTunes' backup of the phone? But then you say you "don't want to backup", so I'm a little confused. :)

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @seymourH,

Welcome to the Forums! As @Stephen_C said, you can use iTunes to backup your 1Password data. Please see this tutorial: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/iTunes-File-Sharing/itfs-getting-started.html

If you have any further questions, I'm certainly extra willing to help anyone who signs off with 'tenderness & chocolate'! :)

• seymourH
    seymourH
    Community Member
    Options

Hey thank you for you answers, maybe i didn't make myself as clear as spring water.

I know how to back up, and i've multiples dumps of it, what i'm looking for is how to exxport data in a readable way.

I'm using 1 password on my professional phone for example,

I need to make a simple print of all the data, or a text export, or something that allows me to communicate with my partners

(without copy/pasting wich might be pretty tough according to all the data stored in this 1password account).

How can i have a text version or something usable by my team mates ? : /

Need to buy desktop version, the only solution ? this is no cool, i don't want those data on my computer,

just want to have it on a physical support in case i loose my phone, or to give partial information to my partners.

"tenderness and hot caramel" ;)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried the "share" button to send copies of individual items by email or iMessage?

Stephen

• seymourH
    seymourH
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

I did try this, hopefully, i'm the owner of a so called airprinter, but it seems that this functionality isn't working perfectly at this time.

(not blaming, so many hardware, software and others wi-fi security protocols)

The app keeps telling me that there is no more Ink, which isn't really true, i'm printing documents right now.

The app lauches the printing process, but in the end nothing is happening,

i'm reassured that such functionality is present but still can't give data to my team mates.

In the end, would be very nice(if not absolute need and productive for pros who use 1password)

if this function was improved in order to allow multiple objects printing.

Won't talk about sharing by messages or emails which is sending link to download 1password 4 ; )

Should i buy a new printer ?

Thank you for your consideration

GF

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @seymourH,

Thanks for clarifying your question - I apologize for not catching on sooner! Other than the sharing via email option that @Stephen_C suggested, there is no way to export or print your entire database via iOS. However, you make a good point - this should be an option for iOS only users. I've passed your request along to our developers.

In the meantime, I would be happy to help you export your data using a trial version of 1Password for Mac (no purchases required!) :)

This discussion has been closed.