1Password not working with Office 365

Options
Nancy Seeger
Nancy Seeger
Community Member

A client asked me to use Office 365 email. I'm not sure what is at issue but could not:

• On the client reset password for initial setup, the changed password is not saved

• Clip board did not save the password.

I was immediately locked out. You have one shot at this form. Also the login to Office 365 does not work with 1Password auto login.

Once the admin had sent me a new temporary password, I did everything manually and updated manually to 1Password. I have version 4 of 1Password for the Mac on Mountain Lion.

Finding the clipboard frustrating with the update. I turned off the default 90 seconds saved to clipboard.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi Nancy,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulty logging into Office 365. We're working hard to make 1Password recognize when you are changing a password on a site and asking you to update your Login, but this feature is not perfect yet. I do apologize for the trouble this caused you here. However, you should have a record of all passwords generated by 1Password in the Passwords category (in the sidebar of the main app.)

Also the login to Office 365 does not work with 1Password auto login.

I was able to create a Login for Office 365 that behaved as expected. (1Password auto-submitted, but I was not properly logged in as I do not actually have an account there.) Please try creating a Login using these steps and see if you are able to log in:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you :)

This discussion has been closed.