Wifi sync problem: phone to Mac - connection refused

Options
Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
edited November 2013 in iOS

My partner has 1P4 iOS 4.3.1 (phone) and has just installed 1P4 for OS X 4.0.5 (Mac). My partner has never previously used 1P so this is a completely clean install on the Mac.

All of my partner's logins, etc., are on the phone. When we try to sync by wifi nothing is transferred and this error message appears on the phone:

Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=61 “The operation couldn’t be completed. Connection refused."

I know the error has been referred to previously on the forum but in all the posts I've uncovered I've not discovered a definitive solution that fits our situation. There is no anti-virus software involved and no other sync method has been selected on either the Mac or the phone (save for folder sync, of course). The Mac is running the OS X firewall but accepts Bonjour connections. Both Mac and phone are on the same wifi network.

Edit: I should have said that the sync appears to start (there is a message that it is syncing 0/38 items) but nothing further happens and eventually we have to cancel the sync.

Stephen

Comments

• moto
    moto
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same problem with 4.3.1 (iOS) and 4.0.5 (OS X 10.9). However, this only happens when trying to sync to 1 specific computer, the Macbook Air. Wifi syncing the phone with my Macbook Pro works fine. When syncing with the MBA, it's stuck saying : "Sending 0/63, Syncing 0/24"... and basically stays like this until I back out of the sync screen.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stephen_C,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties getting Wi-Fi sync to work. I think I'm going to need to take a bit of a closer look at your partner's computer to get a better idea of where this error is coming from. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Hi @moto,

Just to double-check, please confirm that the MacBook Air is on the same Wi-Fi network as the rest of your devices, and then have a read through of this help article Configuring Proxy Settings to be sure that there is nothing interrupting the sync.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan, thanks for the response. I'll organise the diagnostics report tomorrow and link it to this thread as requested.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stephen_C,

Many thanks! Again I'm sorry I don't have a quick and easy solution for you, but we'll follow up via email and get everything sorted just as soon as possible :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan, absolutely fine, I understand.

Stephen

• jonocampbell
    jonocampbell
    Community Member
    Options

I've also got this problem too (exactly the same as moto in fact). Sync works fine between iPhone and macbook pro but falls over with iPhone and macbook air. All on the newest version of the software, if you find a fix can you email me? Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jonocampbell,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties getting Wi-Fi sync behaving for you! There is a bug in Wi-Fi sync right now where sync will fail if the iOS device has a larger database. Our tech gurus have managed to track this bug down and squash it properly, and you should see an update soon that gets this working properly.

In the meantime, I do apologize for the inconvenience, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

This discussion has been closed.