Moving from Downloaded to App Store version of v4

Options
Jerome_
Jerome_
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I decided to delete my regular 1password and buy the app store version (I like the update method that much).

1P app store initially found an old iCloud sync (that I don't use), but I directed it to my Dropbox 1P file, and it was accepted.

After unlocking, 1P paused for a long time before the 'hatch' slid open, revealing a vault devoid of passwords!

I've tried:
logging in and out
closing old 1password mini, closing new app store versions, reopening app store versions

Troubleshooting info:
Old 1Password was a family pack
Current app store version is 4.0.5 405001

Comments

• Jerome_
    Jerome_
    Community Member
    Options

Any ideas? did I just blow $50? :(

• roustem
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi @Jerome_

Any chance that a different file was used by 1Password 3?

Also, please select 1Password > Preferences > Sync and see if it is still syncing with the location in Dropbox.

Thanks!

• Jerome_
    Jerome_
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Terrific, thanks! Looks like the initial dropbox choosing step didn't 'take' (the sync preference pane showed options for the three choices) but after I clicked Dropbox and reselected my file, it merged the databases. Tested my other computers, and they're picking up changes.

:)

• Jerome_
    Jerome_
    Community Member
    Options

Now all that's left is getting rid of my other 1password mini menu bar app. (this was a switch from the downloaded to app store version of 1P4)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Jerome. Great to hear you've got your all 1P4 data now and Dropbox syncing is working!

To disable 1P mini from your 1P4 website version:

• Run 1P4 (web).
    • Open 1Password menu > Preferences > General,
    • Disable the Always keep 1Password mini running option.

Then, quit both the main application and 1Password mini. You can use the ^⌘Q keyboard shortcut in the main app to quit them both at once.

It's essentially the same procedure as disabling 1P mini in the 1P4 MAS version:

Turn off 1Password mini and quit 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.