1password 4.0.5 for software license

Options
gaoruijie
gaoruijie
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Your release note said that the software licenses will be added automatically when it is registered, but it does not work.

How can I do that?

Thanks
Robert

*Moderator edit by ~thightower . The Dropbox image will appear if you open the item above in a new tab.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@gaoruijie

I believe this is only referring to the actual 1Password app. It will not look across apps and pull in keys etc. I could be wrong on this. I think this would pose problems. This ability would be stellar. Maybe we can get some clarity on this.

I am basing my reply on the exact same question being asked by another user. I was able to get it to add itself to my software section on a clean install.

edit : I was able to get 1Password to create its own entry, but it would not create one for other apps newly registered.

How about it @sjk , others ?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Robert (@gaoruijie).

@thightower is correct that this change (in 4.0.5) only applies to adding a Software License for 1Password 4 to 1Password 4:

• 1Password will now automatically add new Software License item when it is registered.

In other words, 1Password 4 adds a new Software License item for itself when it's registered.

And if you open a 1Password 4 license with the MAS version of 4.0.5 it'll add a Software License item for it even though 1P4 MAS can't be registered. That might also work with other versions of 1Password.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the link to the other topic, Tommy. I repeated my previous post there instead of doing cross-category merging.

This discussion has been closed.