Duplicate Extensions when upgrading from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4.

Options
pforkes
pforkes
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

I upgraded from v3 to v4.05 and now I have two 1Password icons on my Safari bar one of which has a red exclamation mark and neither work and so until it gets died I pretty much cannot get into a single website.

Neither icon works and which I click on the application in the Applications folder I am told that I cannot open it because it is from an unknown developer!

I NEED THIS SORTED OUT AND I NEED IT SORTED OUT FAST.

How do I go back to V3 and get a refund.

Considering how impressed I was with version 3 I am now unbelievably frustrated at having paid for an upgrade only to have lost absolutely everything.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi @pforkes,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having! I'd be happy to help you get things sorted out - whether it is getting 1Password 4 straightened out, or downgrading back to 1Password 3. But I'm going to need just a bit more information.

In order to get a better idea of just what's going on here, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I'd also love to see a screenshot of the message you get when trying to open 1Password in the Applications folder. :)

• @pforkes,

Please also remove the old 1Password extension from Safari. You can do this using Safari > Preferences > Extensions menu.

• pforkes
    pforkes
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I am freaking out now.

When I click on 1Password it tells me "(null) vault".

I NEED ACCESS TO MY PASSWORDS AND I NEED THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, @pforkes. Have you tried what @roustem suggested? And have you sent us the Diagnostics Report that @Megan requested? That report would really help us to help you get this problem fixed as quickly as possible. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.