App won't open, extension won't fill passwords

Options
Betsy
Betsy
Community Member

I upgraded from 3.x to 4.0.5 yesterday. Installed the new extension, deleted the old. I didn't do much if anything with it yesterday. This morning I tried using the extension to fill a password, and it worked once (listed the site at the top of the list), and now it won't work at all. If I use the search box, it opens the requested site in a new tab, but does not fill in the password. This is on both Chrome (30.0.1599.101) and Safari.

What's worse, the app WILL NOT OPEN. I get "1 Password quit unexpectedly" and the usual long list of gobblety-gook which has been sent automatically to Apple, blah, blah.

I'm running 10.9

This is a disaster. If the password isn't saved in Chrome and I don't know it, I have to look it up on my iDevice and enter it manually. I am not a happy customer at the moment.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you rebooted the machine since installing? If not, try that. Otherwise, as to the app not opening you might try re-downloading and re-installing (ideally followed by a reboot). If that does not work the next question people will ask is whether you're using the Mac App Store version or the AgileBits store version.

Stephen

• Betsy
    Betsy
    Community Member
    Options

Rats, I thought you'd fixed it. :)

I did restart when the problem first occurred. Then I downloaded it again from the AgileBits store this morning and reinstalled, and still had the problem. After reading your post I restarted again, and this time I got as far as entering my master password before it crashed. An improvement, but not by much.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Oh, I'm so sorry! Don't despair: I'm sure someone far more expert than me will be along to assist soon.

Edit: there is a thread here which refers to a crash which could possibly be related to yours (but without a solution in the thread, I'm afraid). If you get an error message other than merely "1Password quit unexpectedly" add it to this thread. It may help someone to help you!

Stephen

• Betsy
    Betsy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much for trying, Stephen.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello, @Betsy. I'm truly sorry you're having a rough time getting 1P4 to work properly.

We'd like to help resolve your issues through email, ensuring you won't lose any 1Password data. To do that please start by sending us a Diagnostics Report from the Mac where you're having problems; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but please do include a link to this topic in your email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. After seeing that report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks!

• Betsy
    Betsy
    Community Member
    Options

Ooops, I sent the report last night in an email to support, but didn't mention this topic. I will try to remember to mention it when I get a response.

Thanks!

• Betsy
    Betsy
    Community Member
    Options

OK, wait, what I sent was the Apple crash report. I will do this ASAP.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you, @Betsy!

• Betsy
    Betsy
    Community Member
    Options

4.0.7 fixed my problems. Thanks, Support!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear, @Betsy! Thanks for letting us know.

I'll close this topic now that your issue is resolved. Feel free to start a new one if there's anything else we can help you with. :)

This discussion has been closed.