Synchronizing between my Mac and iPhone and iPad????

Options

Hy there, I just bought the new 1Password 4 on my MAC (single user license).
I used to work with 1Password 3.0.9 which I also have on my iPhone and my iPad. But now I can't synchronize any longer..... what do I have to change? On my iPhone as well as on my iPad I still have the old version 1Password 3.0.9 running.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There's quite a lot of information about 1P4 sync here in the knowledge base. I think the key question is, how are you trying to sync? Wifi sync and Dropbox sync (at least) won't work from 1P4 on the Mac unless you have 1P4 for iOS on your phone/iPad.

Stephen

• Isabell von Spoercken
    Options

Hy Stephen,
    I indeed tried with Wifi sync. and that doesn't work
    Does that mean that I have to purchase another new 1Password4 for my iPhone and another one for my iPad?
    :-) Isabell

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, Isabell, sorry it does mean that. However, the good news is that you can buy the iOS version and run it on both the phone and the iPad.

Stephen

• Isabell von Spoercken
    Options

ok, thanks for the info :-((

• Isabell von Spoercken
    Options

Stephen, no other way to synchronizes I guess....?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It's not "sync" as such but you can use folder sync in 1P4 on the Mac to sync 1P4 for Mac to a folder on your Mac and then transfer that keychain file to your phone and iPad via iTunes. That works well if you update items only on your Mac...but of course you have to remember to transfer to the new keychain file when you've done so, because there's no automatic sync with the phone and iPad.

Stephen

• Isabell von Spoercken
    Options

ok, that sound a bit complicated. I downloaded now the ios version and installed on my iPhone and iPad, thanks Stephen :-)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

My pleasure. There is some good stuff on sync here in the knowledge base, just in case it helps with the initial set up.

Stephen

• Isabell von Spoercken
    Options

hanks Stephen, all is up in running :-)
    regards from Luxemburg

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Pleased to hear all is well, Isabell. Thanks for reporting back.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.