Password failed to create backup

Options
Envirogreen
Envirogreen
Community Member

Just purchased 1password 4 from the App Store and while it works great, I keep getting an error on backup efforts.

Any suggestions?

When I click on show files - it opens the backup folder in library/containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backup, but no files are in this folder

Comments

• mlenaghan
    mlenaghan
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same thing in 1Password 4.0.5 purchased directly from the site. Here's the error message in Console:

11/5/2013 9:36:19.795 AM 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper[37069]: 405002 [XPC:0x7ffbc5a93470:] E performBackupAndShowToUser: | Failed to create backup: Error Domain=com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain Code=1206 "Unable to backup database because a backup or restore is already in progress." UserInfo=0x7ffbc4244000 {NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to backup database because a backup or restore is already in progress.}

Of course, I have no idea how or why a backup might already be in progress, or how to clear it.

• mlenaghan
    mlenaghan
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I was able to "fix" the error by restarting my computer.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys,

@Envirogreen: Please refer to Why does my 1Password Backup keep failing? for a possible solution and let us know if that (restarting 1Password mini) doesn't work for you.

@mlenaghan: A system restart is one sure way to restart 1P mini. :)

This discussion has been closed.