I want this feature - field icon menus for easy access

Options
kga1978
kga1978
Community Member

DashLane has had this feature for a while and LastPass v3 just came out with this feature as well (iCloud Keychain even has this partly integrated):

http://blog.lastpass.com/2013/11/lastpass-30-is-here-new-design-new.html

Basically when you click a field that 1P is recognizing, then it comes up with relevant options - e.g. you click on 'login' and it shows you the login information for that site, you click 'email' and it shows you the various emails from your Identities. Could you please please consider including this feature in a future release? It saves a tremendous amount of time - and e.g. when you have multiple emails for multiple identities it makes it possible to fill out the correct email (e.g. your work email with your 'home' identity - right now that's not possible).

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kga1978,

1Password does have a similar capability. When you navigate to a website with a Login field, use the Cmd-\ shortcut. If you have one Login saved for the site, 1Password will automatically fill your login, and submit it (if you have submit selected in your preferences.) If you have multiple Logins saved 1Password Mini will pop open to show you the Logins associated with that site. :)

I hope this helps, but I'll pass along your suggestions to our developers as well.

• kga1978
    kga1978
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

That's not actually the feature I'm after - what I'm after is a 'per field' option to fill in website forms - not necessarily logins (sorry, that wasn't clear in my previous post). If I do what you suggest, then 1P will fill out everything - but now imagine that I want to fill out a different email (that I have also stored with 1P, but with another identity), there is no way I can do that with 1P. I have to delete the email 1P filled out and manually fill in the one I want. What you can do with LastPass, DashLane and iCloud Keychain, is to select the email field, a popup menu comes up, and you just select the email you want. I suggest you try out the feature in DashLane to see for yourself - once you have used this feature there's just no going back. It is super useful.

Check out DashLane's description of their feature:
    https://www.dashlane.com/autofill

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kga1978,

Thanks so much for confirming that for me! I'll pass this request along to our developers. :)

This discussion has been closed.