Saving Passwords Wrong

Options

So I just installed 1Password (the latest version) on my Mac, running mavericks. I went through and changed the passwords to a bunch of sites using the random key generator included in 1Password, but for reasons I CANNOT fathom, 1Password has failed to save a single one of these passwords correctly - so now I don't have the passwords to anything I use. I am now having to go back and manually change the passwords to each and every page I use through the forgotten password function and it is a royal pain in the bleep.
I have even tried the "copy before fill" function and pasting the new password into an external document, but somehow the ********** password that 1password hypothetically copied to my clipboard before filling is different than the one input into the site, so even my copied versions of the ********** passwords are invalid.
WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?
Honestly right now I am having about the worst series of days possible, and I'd REALLY like my $50 back...

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Burgess,

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with 1Password! I have had to use the 'forgotten password' function on several occasions, and you're right - it's no fun. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the current version that prevents the 'copy on fill' button from working. Our tech gurus have managed to squash the bug, and a future update will have it behaving properly. I know this doesn't help you a lot right now, and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Have you taken a look through the Passwords category in the sidebar? 1Password automatically saves every password that it generates to this category, so you should have a record of the changed passwords there.

This discussion has been closed.