Very serious back-up problems, considering other choices where I can have my life back!

Options
LostLesli
LostLesli
Community Member

Now, what are these 1Password(1).html files which have been repeating all the way from mid-Sept to copy 129 on October 12, 2013? They're not back-up files, I'm not sure what they are. These are what I got if I open up the 1Password.agile.keychain folder. And now I notice these are NOT back-ups. Legit back-ups resume on 28 October until 2 November 2013. All this time, my back-ups, lost, or put other places, I just really don’t know what to do anymore. BTW, these single real back-up files, out there all on there own and not in a folder, weren't even in my 1Password folder. There in the top-level Dropbox folder, where I put top-level folders...nowhere near the 1Dropbox Folder. I haven't been in my Dropbox in ages to have moved any of these things around.

So WHY IS THIS HAPPENING, my friends!!

I'm getting very close to asking for my money back, on my Mac, my iPad, and my iPhone. If I had spent as much time on 1Password as I should have on my health, I'd have lost quite a few pounds by now and my kids much more the happier for it.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LostLesli,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm sorry that you've been frustrated by this situation, but don't worry, there is nothing wrong here. The 1Password.html files that you are seeing are not your backups. For security purposes, your backups are stored separately from your keychain. 1Password.html is your access to 1Password Anywhere through Dropbox. Should you need access to your 1Password database on a computer that does not have 1Password installed, all you have to do is log in to www.dropbox.com and click on this 1Password.html file to open 1Password Anywhere right in the browser.

Now, if you are seeing multiples of these, it's annoying, but really nothing to be concerned about, and the good news is that it is also easily fixed! Simply delete all of the 1Password.html files. 1Password will generate a new one ... and this time, it will stop at generating one.

I hope this helps you get all sorted out, but if you have any further questions, please let me know! :)

• hirundine
    hirundine
    Community Member
    Options

I'm really not surprised that you're over-whelmed with latest version of 1password 4. Just got the dreaded beta version expired and then my licensed version was dead. This occurred previously for my laptop and used the agilebits link, to re-install. This time I used MAS. which allowed the download but all my data disappeared. I did indeed use the link when installing for recovery. But it was the wrong file. There is no way to go back!

To recover I took an import from my laptop through dropbox. While that worked, I'm not a happy customer. .... There are far too many bad issues, with this new release including the beta version expiration, on a licensed copy. This is the first time I've ever had syncing issues with 1paasword. Yes it pays to back-up but still to be surprised like that, etc. How many times and how many different ways can software companies. Keep screwing the consumer? Since the late eighties, how many times does the consumer have to learn new ways and systems, because the software deems it. It takes far too much time out MY workday dealing with issues from software. Like dentists or doctors who leave you waiting. MY time is precious too! .... Thanks! Not shooting the messenger!

This discussion has been closed.