Not saving password changes?

Options
BD1
BD1
Community Member

I had to change passwords on a couple of websites. 1P4 is not recognizing and asking to save changed passwords so I am having to edit 1P4 manually? Is this a new bug and/or is there a setting to make is save changes? Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BD1,

We are working to help 1Password recognize change password screens, but right now you are best off manually updating your existing entry while you have that nice generated password stored on your clipboard. :) If you forget to do so, however, 1Password saves all generated passwords into the Password category, so you can always check that category if you are missing a recently updated password.

I hope this helps, I do apologize for the inconvenience.

• BD1
    BD1
    Community Member
    Options

This is one of the best features of 1P. Why was this disabled in the latest version?

• Augustus
    Augustus
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, I am pretty fed up with 1 Password. It dropped the icon on my toolbar and I had to reload the extension. It worked okay for a while, but now stops asking me if I want to save a new username and password. And I cannot find out how to manually add a new website with separate username and password. So I am stuck writing down my UN and PWs as in the old days. I need a simple, workable explanation on how to add new websites or how to make 1 Password ask me automatically if I want to add the UN and PW. And please be sure to give me a current set of instructions for those actions, since the ones I find online are dated and not applicable to my 1Password4.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BD1,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. I know this is a very handy feature! Because 1Password 4 has been completely re-written, it's not that we disabled the feature, it's simply that the developers are still working on polishing it up. We really appreciate your patience here! :)

Hi @Augustus,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

First of all, I'd like to you to check in Preferences > Browsers and make sure that 'Automatically ask to Save new Logins' is checked. That should ensure that 1Password offers to save unique Logins.

If you would like to manually save a Login, please try this:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please let me know! I'm sorry that you're feeling fed up, and I'd love to help get 1Password behaving nicely for you again :)

This discussion has been closed.