Why I no longer like iPassword

Options
MPxxxxxx
MPxxxxxx
Community Member
  1. I now have an icon in the menu bar that duplicates the extension in Safari
  2. I can no longer reveal passwords
  3. I can no longer edit information in the extension, I have to open the main program
    In addition:
  4. To log in to these forums, I have to guess the rules to create a Username (more than 3 characters; not already used; and how knows what else)
  5. Each time I don't follow these rules (because they are not stated) I have to enter a *** Capture again.
    What used to be a quick, useful program that stayed out of the way when I didn't need it is becoming intrusive.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Quick solutions for two issues, following your numbering:

1. Preferences > General, uncheck Show mini app icon in the menu bar.
    2. Press the Alt key in the main app to reveal a password temporarily or go to Preferences > Security and uncheck Conceal passwords.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MPxxxxxx,

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like 1Password right now. Since @Stephen_C has already addressed your first two concerns, I'll see what I can do with the final 3.

I can no longer edit information in the extension, I have to open the main program

1. We have heard several users commenting that they miss being able to edit in 1Password mini. I apologize for the inconvenience here. We are always working to make 1Password as efficient and user-friendly as possible, and your feedback is much appreciated.

To log in to these forums, I have to guess the rules to create a Username (more than 3 characters; not already used; and how knows what else)

1. Unfortunately, we use a service for this forum, it is not our own creation, so I can't help much in terms of the rules for usernames. I'm sorry that you had trouble getting things set up though.

Each time I don't follow these rules (because they are not stated) I have to enter a *** Capture again. What used to be a quick, useful program that stayed out of the way when I didn't need it is becoming intrusive.

1. I'll be sure to mention to our tech gurus that there are some things in the forum that are not ideal for users. However, I hope that you don't judge 1Password's usefulness based on some forum complications. :)

If you have any other concerns about 1Password, please let me know - I'd be happy to help!

• MPxxxxxx
    MPxxxxxx
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 1password with Safari and I've updated to the latest version. However:

Filling fields is still flakey: sometimes it works, sometimes nothing is filled, and sometimes the fields are filled but I have to click return to enter them.

The notes for a login used to be to hand in the browser extension, but now they are no longer visible and I have to open the main program to get to them. When I open the main program from the extension, it really ought to navigate directly to the login information for site I'm working on, but this doesn't happen. In short, many more steps are required to do what used to be quite easy in the old version.

Overall I would say that the redesigned UI for the browser extension adds nothing, removes quite a lot, and causes confusion.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MPxxxxxx,

Filling fields is still flakey: sometimes it works, sometimes nothing is filled, and sometimes the fields are filled but I have to click return to enter them.

There will always be some websites that 1Password can't fill in perfectly. We do have a list of common filling troubles here: 1Password fails to fill data. If none of those apply to your situation, please try disabling 'Animate form filling' in Preferences > Browsers. And we'd love to hear about any particularly difficult websites to see if we can't improve 1Password's performance there in the future.

The notes for a login used to be to hand in the browser extension, but now they are no longer visible and I have to open the main program to get to them.

This is a change that we made in an attempt to keep the Mini clutter-free, but we have heard from several users who would like to be able to access Secure Notes through here, so it is certainly something we will consider for future updates.

When I open the main program from the extension, it really ought to navigate directly to the login information for site I'm working on, but this doesn't happen.

There was a bug with our edit feature in earlier versions where clicking Edit would not bring you to the correct entry in the main app, but our developers have been doing a great job squashing bugs lately. Please make sure that you have the latest and greatest version of 1Password: 4.0.8 for purchasers from the Mac App Store, and 4.0.9 for users who purchased directly from our website. You should see this feature behaving correctly now. :)

Again I do apologize for any confusion. We very much appreciate you providing your feedback here, it helps us learn a lot about how we can improve 1Password for all our users!

This discussion has been closed.