Options
2»

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Clement,

I'm glad you were about to fix your double-mini problem. :)

Password 4.1.3 actually isn't an upgrade for 4.1.2. Version 4.1.2 is the currently the latest version from the Mac App Store; 4.1.3 is currently the latest version from our website.

The Mac App Store releases are even version numbers, while the website releases are odd version numbers. They are not interchangeable and in most cases should not be used interchangeably. If you purchased from the Mac App Store you should be using the Mac App Store version (odd numbers) and if you purchased from us you should be using the website version (even numbers).

If you do still have both 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 installed then keeping Always keep 1Password mini running disabled in whichever version you're not currently using is recommended. The MAS and website/beta versions use separate 1Password databases so changes made in one won't be made in the other unless its done through syncing. And if you use multiple vaults each one has its own syncing preferences.

As long as you're able to access all your 1Password data from your version of choice, and leave Always keep 1Password mini running disabled in the other, you should continue working fine.

If you'd prefer to stick with 4.1.3 then I suggest only installing website version updates in the future and removing the 4.1.2 1Password.app using Launchpad (which will not touch any 1Password data) so you won't accidentally get them mixed up. Future updates to 4.1.3 will always be in-app or downloadable from our website.

If you'd rather return to 4.1.2 then disable Always keep 1Password mini running in 4.1.3, remove the 1Password 4.app (just move it to Trash, then Empty Trash), and reenable Always keep 1Password mini running in 4.1.2. Future updates to 4.1.2 will be through App Store.

Let me know if you have questions or would like help with any of that. Thanks!

• kalthans
    kalthans
    Community Member
    Options

hello oversoul,

i, too have two 1P4 mini icons in my OSX system tray up top. i've tried the suggestions in this thread to remove the 1P4 mini helper (not the OSX version), to no success.

this came about when i installed 1P4 web version from your site (i used 1P4 on a different computer, and followed the download link to v4). however, after doing just a tad of research i realized that you needed the AppStore version in order to sync across iCloud. since i wanted this option available, i went ahead and purchased from the App Store. Viola! Two little key icons and i can't get rid of one.

the 1P4 app is actually 4.1.2 (i deleted 4.1.3 once i downloaded from the app store).

please help! i don't want to start using 1P4 to store & generate new PW's until i have this sorted out.

thanks

k

• kalthans
    kalthans
    Community Member
    Options

i think i may have answered my own question. i simply went to your website and downloaded your web version of 1P4. i then launched it (didn't even remove it from the Downloads folder), and as soon as i did that the extra 1P4 Mini icon disappeared. on quit i was asked if i wanted to enable mini, which i declined. so far i only have one mini icon left, and it seems to be for 4.1.2

• Jasper
    Options

I'm glad you were able to get your issue with two minis fixed. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.