1P Anywhere in Dropbox is misbehaving

Options
Daenney
Daenney
Community Member

Every since 1P 4 for Mac 1P in Dropbox is misbehaving.

What used to be the 'old' Accounts in 1P 3 has now been merged into Logins but 1P Anywhere isn't correctly recognising them causing it to by default show the passwords instead of being hidden.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Daenney,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password Anywhere. Can you check the item details in 1Password 4 to ensure that the password is stored in a 'password' field? If it's not, the best thing to do is create a new entry with the password in the appropriate field, so 1Password Anywhere knows how to handle it.

I do apologize for the inconvenience here. Please let me know if you have any further questions :)

• Daenney
    Daenney
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan, thanks for the reply. The password was stored in a password field but once I chose to edit and re-save it in 1P it is then synced to Dropbox and is now an actual password field.

Odd thing is, I now get all the data twice! I get the username and the password field twice in the web interface, both containing the exact same password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Daenney,

That is a bit odd. Do you see the duplicate fields in 1Password 4? Or just in 1Password Anywhere?

• Daenney
    Daenney
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan Just 1P anywhere. Every entry now has the duplicates. This is becoming rather strange.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Daenney,

My apologies ... the only odd thing here is me. I haven't looked in 1Password Anywhere in a while and misunderstood your 'duplicates' query. Here's what you're seeing: if you click to edit an entry in 1Password, you will see a button called 'Web Form Details'. This is the actual field information that 1Password uses to fill in your Login information for you. In 1Password Anywhere, the duplicate information is simply your web form details for each Login. Sometimes it will say 'username' and 'password' twice, but sometimes you'll notice the bottom fields have different names like 'theAccountName' or 'theAccountPW'.

Does this help to clear things up for you?

This discussion has been closed.