Less flexibility in Safari extension now than if 1P3?

Options
willyjp
willyjp
Community Member

Log in web pages, especially now that a lot of sites are requiring pw upgrades, often are DIFFERENT than they were when the original log in was recorded in 1PW. Previously, one could go to the log in name in the browser extension, open the entry and click "Edit" and make changes, or at least copy the pw to the clipboard to paste it in when it wouldn't auto fill (due I suspect to the page being laid out differently). But now, you can't copy and past a pw when you hover over the arrow. You just get the username in the clear and the pw as dots....and NOT COPIABLE. Your only recourse is to click edit, and that takes you to the main log-in listing in 1PW, AT THE TOP!! So you have to scroll down to the particular log-in, click "cancel" (the edit) and then copy the pw. NOT VERY CONVENIENT! A very significant LOSS OF USABILITY! Now maybe I just don't understand how to use the new 1PW 4, but I've read all I can find and I can't find the solution to this problem. Is there a different way to get the pw on the clipboard, or is this something missing in v. 4?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You can copy a password to the clipboard from 1P Mini by double clicking on it. Note you can also anchor a login item to the desktop by clicking on the anchor symbol that is displayed in the entry summary when you hover over the arrow to the right of the login in 1P Mini.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @willyjp.

If there's anything more we can help you with than @Stephen_C's already helpful tips please let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.