Master password rejected under 1Pwd 4.0.7 and Mavericks

Options
BiggusD
BiggusD
Community Member

I've just had the somewhat unnerving experience of having my master password (which I haven't changed recently) rejected by 1Password - on all three platforms on which I use 1Password (Mac, iOS7.0.3 and Android 4.2.2).

Anyone had a similar experience or can anyone suggest how I might go about resolving this rather worrying problem? I'm not a complete 1Password newbie but this is the first time I've ever encountered a problem with it, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to rectify the situation.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question but, in order to assist someone who might be able to help you, it would probably be helpful to let us know which version of 1P4 for Mac your are running (i.e., the version number and whether it's from the Mac App Store or direct from AgileBits), the version number of the 1P4 iOS app and how you sync between them.

Sorry I can't help more!

Edit: sorry, I saw that your message header referred to 4.0.7, which means, I think, you must be using the AgileBits store version.

Stephen

• BiggusD
    BiggusD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen. As you noticed, I'm running 1P4 v 4.0.7 on my Mac (you're right, it's the AgileBits version). I'm running 1P v 4.3.1 on my iPad, and v 1.8.5.1 of the 1P Reader on my Android phone. I use Dropbox for syncing purposes. Thanks for your response, and for prompting me to add that relevant information.

• BiggusD
    BiggusD
    Community Member
    Options

OK, false alarm - sorry to have bothered everyone when it was completely my fault! :-( I was confusing my 1P4 Master Password with a similarly difficult to remember one I use for another purpose - phew! Sighs of relief all round!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@BiggusD, thanks for admitting that on the forum! It's easy to do but your post will reassure others.

Stephen

• BiggusD
    BiggusD
    Community Member
    Options

I don't mind admitting when I've made an idiot of myself, Stephen - it just goes to show that everyone's fallible. Having said that, I'm taking this little episode as a salutary lesson in the need for preparedness and, accordingly, I've downloaded and completed Mike Vardy's "1Password Emergency Kit" - now I just need to work out where to conceal it! :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BiggusD,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I am so glad to hear that you managed to get things straightened out - a forgotten Master Password can be a scary experience, even if it was only temporary! I'm glad to hear that you're using the experience to take some extra precautionary steps - you can never be to careful when it comes to your data security :)

This discussion has been closed.