1P4 update availability from Mac App Store and Agile Web Store

Options
Simmo
Simmo
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Every time there is an update notified by MacUpdate, I am directed to the App Store but the update is not there. Why is this? It has been happening ever since Mavericks. Currently I have 4.0.5 and it is telling me there is an update 4.0.7 available. I am running OS X 10.9

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It's perhaps unfortunate that MacUpdate doesn't appear to distinguish between MAS versions and AgileBits' store versions. However, I believe I've read on other threads that version 4.0.7 for the MAS is awaiting Apple's approval, so don't despair!

Stephen

• jerry_wilson
    jerry_wilson
    Community Member
    Options

I see that the web site version of 1Password is up to 4.0.9 but the MAS version number is 4.0.5. I waited patiently when version went to 4.0.7 thinking an update on MAS must be forthcoming, but now I wondering what the problem is. Any one else concerned about this?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

It's just not in Agile's control. They will have submitted versions to Apple, and then have to wait until Apple approves the version.

• jerry_wilson
    jerry_wilson
    Community Member
    Options

I understand the delay for Apple approval in the MAS, but from other apps I use with both web and MAS versions that delay is usually days, not weeks. Also, now MAS owners of 1Password have missed version 4.0.7 and are waiting on 4.0.9.

Could it be that since the functionality is different with iCloud support that Agilebits is giving the MAS version a lower priority and not submitting updates as frequently? Just wondering...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jerry_wilson,

I'm happy to let you know that the 4.0.8 update is finally available for 1Password 4 via the Mac App Store. I do apologize for the wait. Unfortunately, as @danco says, it is completely beyond our control. This version has been in review for a while now. Approval time for an app can vary greatly depending on how busy Apple is. We are certainly not giving a lower priority to the MAS version, it is simply easier to publish updates directly to our site, as we are our own approval process. :)

If you are tired of waiting for updates to be approved through the Mac App Store, we are working on ways to make it easy for users to switch to our web store version.

This discussion has been closed.