Why is 1Password 3 still doing a backup after installing 1Password 4?

Options
panozfan
panozfan
Community Member

After upgrading from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 the old version still make a backup each time I start up the Mac.

Any suggestion how to quit this useless backup?

Thanks...

Comments

• Boomer49
    Boomer49
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Same here. I delated my 1 Password 3 app, but not any other files that were in the original 1 Password 3 folder. In this folder are the backups from the now departed 1 Password 3 app, & they are getting new backup files added. From where? The 1 Password 3 app is gone. (1 Password 4 is doing its own backups it its own folder)

• panozfan
    panozfan
    Community Member
    Options

In addition to Boomer49's comments: 1P4 makes a backup without problems, but, as stated...1P3 still lives its own life somewhere on my Mac :-/

• jwholder
    jwholder
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same situation. In my ~Library/Application Support Folder there is a 1Password 4 and also a 1Password folder. The 1 Password 4 folder contains only 2 folders, Backup and Data. I verified that 1P4 is backing up to that Backups folder. In the 1 Password folder there are the following folders: Agent (contains the 1PasswordAgent.app), Attachments Cache, Backups (contains the 1 Password 3 Backup files which are still being created), Cache, Extensions, Fill and License. I would like to know which of these folders I can safely delete and judging from the earlier posts, where the phantom 1Password 3 process is running (apparently it's not just the 1PasswordAgent.app!) so I can uninstall it also.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There are helpful threads here and here (see particularly post #41 in the latter thread) about removing 1P3 after upgrading to 1P4.

Stephen

• panozfan
    panozfan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen. I followed the instructions in the link by going to the 1Password folder in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password where I deleted the old folders.

This discussion has been closed.