Upgraded to 4.0.7. Completely lost access to database

Options
CreagB
CreagB
Community Member

Get continuing circular warning that database cannot be read. Instructions are "Restore Latest Backup" Nope. "Try Again" Nope. "Quit" Nope.
Three error screens:
1. 1Password Mini failed to open database because of the following problem: 'disk I/O error'.
2. "Data" couldn't be moved because you do not have permission to access "1Password 4".
3. 1Password failed to connect with 1Password mini. Please contact AgilBits support.

AgileBits support page says to first post here rather than use e-mail.

Multiple restarts. Checked permissions carefully. Not sure how to remove application or mini app without risking database.
Running Mavericks on MacBookPro.

I did nothing to 1Password 4 except execute the automatic 4.07 update. Any ideas? Help?

Comments

• gmarkie
    gmarkie
    Community Member
    Options

I ran into same thing - I rebooted and then opened the app first - it said it found my data and asked for the master pw and voila, back to normal. Hope it works for you.

• CreagB
    CreagB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Your suggestion led to the solution. I had to recover my Mavericks upgrade from a copy of my Time Machine. Ugly, but it worked but also whacked my permissions. Had the wrong permissions in the recovered Library/Applications Support/1Password 4 directory. Fixed it. Problem fixed. No idea why it was working with 4.0.6.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CreagB,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I am so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble accessing your database, but glad to hear that you got things sorted out though! If you run into any further snags, please let me know here and I'll do what I can to get you sorted out :)

This discussion has been closed.