1P4 mini locking by itself

Options
Jaco
Jaco
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Scenario:

• Click on 1P button in Safari and enter master password. Mini unlocks.

• Click on login item. Opens web site and logs in.

• Go do something else and come back later. (I have Lock after computer is idle for 10 minutes.)

• Click on 1P button in Safari and enter master password. Mini unlocks.

• Click on login item. Mini locks.

Once this starts happening, the only way to unlock it is to launch the main program and enter the master password there.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jaco,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

What version of 1Password are you currently using? If you're using the version of 1Password 4 purchased via our website, there have been several updates recently, and I'm wondering if any of them has improved this behaviour. I haven't had any luck re-creating this on my system so far.

• Jaco
    Jaco
    Community Member
    Options

Running Version 4.0.5 (405001).

Sadly I also can not reproduce it at will, but it happens far more often than I would like.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jaco,

Are you still seeing this issue in the latest version? (4.0.8 for Mac App Store purchasers and 4.0.9 for those who purchased directly from our website.) Unfortunately, it's harder for us to track a bug when we are unable to recreate it on our end. If you are still noticing it, please try and remember as many details as possible about what you were doing before it happened.

• Jaco
    Jaco
    Community Member
    Options

It have been using 4.0.8 for several weeks now and have not yet seen the issue. I also don't think it ever appeared on 4.0.5, so I believe it was fixed.

Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jaco,

Thanks so much for letting us know that things seem to be working for you! If you run into any further snags, we're here to help :)

• Jaco
    Jaco
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, it has taken many months, but I believe I have now isolated the problem:
    It only happens when connecting to my Mac remotely, i.e. using a VNC client to connect with Screen Sharing.
    The problem occurred on all version since I last wrote up through the current 1P4.4.1 (441006) running on Mac OS 10.9.3.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome back, @Jaco. :)

Thanks for following up about this problem. I've already been able to reproduce similar overzealous locking misbehavior when using 1Password through a Screen Sharing session. Glad you could finally discover the correlation and I'm filing a bug report. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.