Password saving and syncing issues with Safari

Options
waxwing1
waxwing1
Community Member

I've had a number of issues since 1PW 4 upgrade. I sync across two iOS devices and two Macs via Dropbox. Last week, changes were not sync across all devices. iOS seemed to be more accurate and up-to-date than the Macs. My solution was to turn off Dropbox syncing, from the iPad turn on iCloud sync to ensure that I had one set of passwords, remove all 1PW Dropbox folders, turn on Dropbox sync on the iPad, and then re-enable Dropbox on other devices/Macs. That seemed to work but I'm still having some related issues.

Just a few minutes ago on my Mac Pro (running 1PW4 from MAS), I needed to change a password for a credit card site. I used the generator to create and fill the password. 1PW did not offer to update my current card but rather create a new one. This has happened frequently so I usually create the new card, then manually cut and past the new password to the correct record. (Ugh!) So, I created the new record but now I can't find it! It isn't in the Passwords categories or All Items even when sorting by date. In fact, no new items have been created since 10/15 (today is 11/9). I know that's not the case.

Odd thing is that if I go to the credit card web-site, control-click on the password field, select 1Password, the new password is there! So, the password is in Safari but not in the 1PW App!?!? What's going on here?

Comments

• waxwing1
    waxwing1
    Community Member
    Options

Just noticed that this new password does not show up in the app or mini-app but does show up in the Safari extension. So, it seems like the generated password was created in Safari but has not yet got over to the app. What's up with that?

• waxwing1
    waxwing1
    Community Member
    Options

If it helps, the new password account is also available in the Chrome extension, just not in the Mac app or mini-app.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @waxwing1,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you've had with 1Password lately. First I'd like to assure you that our developers have been working around the clock to improve 1Password 4's syncing feature, and there is a fix version awaiting review in the Mac App Store, so you should see an update soon that smooths sync out significantly.

Now, as to this problem with data showing up only in the extension ... it sounds to me like you might have the version 3 extensions installed still. (In 1Password 4, the Mini and the main app share the same database, so you shouldn't be seeing any data difference between the extension and the main app.) Please see the instructions on how to Uninstall 1Password 3 browser extensions here, and then get yourself some shiny new version 4 extensions here!

Please let me know if you do have any further questions, I'd be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.