Mixed 1Passwords on machines

Options
vlherring
vlherring
Community Member

I have an older MacPro which can only run 10.7.5 and ver. 3 of 1PW -- my other machines are at Mavericks and running 1PW ver. 4 -- I use Chrome - my 1PW extensions icons look the same [suggestion- put a 4 after the new one] but ver. 3 is on the L side and ver. 4 on the Right side and I know that = but the computers/browser/1PW still wants me to delete or uninstall ver. 3 on all my machines tho I need that version on my MacPro = any suggestions ref. using 1PW in mixed setting = the data in Dropbox is accessible and working but having to be told to uninstall 3 or install or whatever is tiring.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vlherring,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

It sounds to me like you might need to disable extension sync in Chrome. That way you can install the version 3 extension on your older machine, and the version 4 extension on the new and shiny machines. Just go to chrome://settings/ and select Advanced Sync Settings. Select "choose what to sync" and uncheck extensions.

If you need to reinstall, you can find

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.